In Jesus and his provisions, there are powerful, life-changing answers for every problem you face.
INTERESTED IN BIBLICAL COUNSELING ?
Gospel Life Baptist Church (GLBC) provides church-based, Christ-centered, biblical counseling to individuals, couples, and families to help them know Jesus, or know him more deeply, and to help them find and apply God’s answers for their personal problems and their relational problems.
Why is Biblical Counseling different from other forms of counseling?
- We present Jesus Christ as the crucified, risen Lord and Savior who, through his Word and his Spirit, can help us handle our personal and relational problems. Jesus alone provides the forgiving mercy, the wisdom, and the power we need for daily living.
- We use the Bible as our main tool to diagnose, explain, and solve our problems. As God’s Word, the Bible provides thorough, authoritative, and sufficient guidance for every life situation we face, and it is richly superior to the competing counsel of secular or “christianized” psychologies.
- We seek to reflect the love, kindness, and compassion of Jesus our Shepherd and Counselor. Biblical counseling is a caring process marked by Christ-like love, wisdom, and concern.
- We seek to bring thorough and lasting godly change by addressing both the inward and the outward issues of our problems. Scripture alone goes deep enough to uncover and solve both our inward, heart struggles and our outward, behavioral struggles.
Who do we provide counseling for?
- First, we provide counseling as a shepherding ministry to our GLBC members (or to regular attenders who are committed to GLBC and who are in the membership process).
- Second, we provide counseling to assist members of other churches of like faith and order.
- Third, we provide counseling as an outreach ministry to people in our community who are not members of another Bible-believing church but who desire biblical counseling in our church context
Who are our counselors?
Our pastors and staff ministers provide various levels of counseling. By choice, we are not state-licensed counselors and we do not provide “professional” or “psychological” counseling. We counsel people as a ministry of our church based on the good news of Jesus Christ and based on our understanding of the Bible, God’s Word.
Is there a financial cost?
There are no fees for our counseling ministry. Through the regular, generous giving of our church members, we are able and delighted to offer counseling free of charge. At the same time, we encourage and welcome financial gifts to our ministry to help cover various costs (training, materials, childcare for our counselors, etc.).